Strategies for Effective Tweeting
Twitter is one of the leading social media sites around. A valuable resource both for marketing and building your author brand, and for keeping up with the latest industry news.
When used correctly Twitter can be a very powerful tool. In this slideshow by Buddy Media you'll be able to find loads of information and tips about strategies for effective tweeting.
Here's a summary of some of the main points (just click to tweet them ;))
- Weekends are good for tweeting. The top day for tweets about the publishing industry is Sunday.
- Tweet during "busy hours" - 8am -7pm
- Have a Tweet schedule.
- Tweets perform best when kept short.
- Tweets with links get 86% more retweets than tweets with no links
- Make sure your links work correctly. Broken links kill engagement.
- Tweets with hashtags receive 2 times more engagement than those without hashtags.
- Don't over use hashtags. Keep it to 1 or 2 per tweet.
- Ask followers to retweet.
- Use images to drive the highest engagement.
What strategies do you find work best on Twitter?